Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Work in Progress

Well, I have gotten started on the repair of the pillars.  Luckily although the damage to one piece was pretty bad, most were intact.  As you can see this was before I started.  I thought that I had lost one panel during the spring storms but nope, it was right there.
 
So the building began.  I am using Gorilla glue to put the panels together.  I tried holding the pieces together using tape but nothing seemed to want to hold the Styrofoam together - not even duct tape.  I guess I should have grabbed the clamps.  Gorilla glue does recommend clamping.  I was just hurrying a bit and didn't want to go and look for the big clamps.  The smaller ones I had were too small.  (Well, it appears that one of the panels didn't glue properly so I will have to find the clamps after all.)
 
So here we are with three sides glued together.  Getting in the last side was a real pain.  It was easier to do the first time before the top had been put in place. 
 
So the pic below is how they are looking at the moment.  I am planning on cleaning up the seams with monster mud before painting.  After painting I will add the final details - moss, etc.
 
 
 
 









  Next - repair the arch!


No comments:

Post a Comment