Monday, April 10, 2017

Changes

The new haunt year has begun.

The CHA Awards for 2016 are over.  (A great show by the way -  available on YouTube if you haven't seen it.)

But I did not win. I wasn't even a finalist. Of course there were many entries and not everyone can win.  Still, it did sting a bit, discouragement set in and I began to think about giving up.  But I love Halloween and my Haunt so I came to the conclusion I can either quit or get better. I am going with getting better. If I am going to get better, I have a lot of work to do this year to get ready for October.

Ch-Ch-Changes

There was an issue in Calgary last year with one of our largest and best haunts which is likely going to result in changes to our regulations on building and running a haunt.  Currently I am small enough that no building permit is required, however, in a couple months that may change. There are plans to have meetings with the city.  I will keep you all posted on how that turns out.

If you haven't noticed the new tabs, I am now working with a charity - Made by Momma.  I will be collecting donations on their behalf this year.  I will post a list of what is urgently needed closer to Halloween. Their website address is posted under the Location and Dates tab. 

I am also adding a few new pages this year.  The back story of Chabby House. 

Next, props.  If you are going to build a larger haunt, you need things to put in it.  Things to scare and delight.  I have a long, long, long list of things I am going to build. I am not sure if I will get it all done but I am going to try.  I am planning on adding about 3 new rooms and changing the design a bit. 

Lastly, actors/actresses.  I am hoping to get a few volunteers to help out with the haunt this year. So, crossed fingers, we will have more living, moving bodies in the haunt.

Happy Haunting - and in the words of Allen Hopps - go make stuff. I know I need to.


No comments:

Post a Comment